Effective January 1, 2023
We may collect your personal information when you visit our clinics, if you establish an online account, use our website or one of our mobile applications, or otherwise communicate with us in any way. The types of personal information you provide varies based on how you choose to interact with us, but may include your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, payment card information, demographic information, and any other information you choose to provide.
- Location Information. We may collect your location information when you access the Hy-Vee Health Services. We may use GPS software, geo-filtering and other location-aware technologies to locate you (sometimes precisely), or make assumptions about your location, for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting content, including third party ads, based on your location. If you have enabled GPS or use other location-based features on the Hy-Vee Services, your device location may be tracked by us and third parties. Our store finder feature may access and use information about your device location (based on IP address or GPS, as applicable), or your account information, to suggest appropriate store locations. Certain Hy-Vee Services may be personalized based on various information we may have about you to try to provide you with more location-relevant content.
- Usage Information. When you access the various Hy-Vee Health Services, your computer, phone, or other device may provide information, such as your browser type, IP address, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data. For example, we may use analytics tools that collect information about the use of our websites and user traffic.
- Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies. We may use automated tools, such as cookies, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your device by your web browser. They are often used by websites to recognize a returning user’s device, record user preferences, track the pages a user clicks while visiting the website, and identify the website a user visited immediately beforehand. Cookies and other automated tools help us recognize you and your preferences. Most web browsers accept cookies by default, but you may be able to adjust your browser settings to remove or reject cookies. Please note that blocking cookies may affect the availability and functionality of certain Hy-Vee Health Services.
Information We Obtain from Other Sources
We may also combine information that we receive about you from third parties with information you provide to us directly or that we collect automatically through your use of the Hy-Vee Health Services.
We collect protected health information in our capacity as a health care provider, which includes health-related information that you, your pharmacy, or your insurance carrier provides to us, and through our provision of clinical services. The protected health information collected or maintained by us is subject to our Notice of Privacy Practices that more specifically describes how we may use or disclose your protected health information. You may access our Notice of Privacy Practices here. A copy may also be obtained from the Hy-Vee Health clinic that you visit.
Information Pertaining to Children
Hy-Vee Health Services are not directed to and we do not intend to, knowingly, collect or solicit personal information online from children under the age of 13.
We or our service providers on our behalf may use your personal information for a variety of business purposes including:
- Providing patient service, including responding to your requests or inquiries.
- Providing you with newsletters, emails, articles, service alerts, new service announcements, event invitations, and other information.
- Improving the Hy-Vee Health Services.
- Keeping a record of our interactions with you if you interact with us over the telephone or online.
- Verifying and validating your identity.
- Processing and evaluating the materials you submit as a job applicant.
- Creating aggregated, pseudonymized, or anonymized information for analytical and statistical purposes.
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
Data Analytics and Advertising
We may use third-party web analytics services, including Google Analytics, to help us understand how visitors use the Hy-Vee Health Services
For more information on how Google Analytics uses data collected through the Service, visit: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics cookies, visit: http://www.google.com/settings/ads and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Please note that we do not control how third parties manage their opt-out processes. Please see Your Choices below for further details. Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, the Hy-Vee Health Services are not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from website browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Clinic’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Clinic about our Sites users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Clinic, our customers, or others.
We give you choices about the information we collect and how we communicate with you.
- Printed Materials. To opt out of receiving any printed marketing materials at your postal address from us, such as advertisements, flyers or postcards, contact us at the address listed in Section 10.
- Emails. To opt out of receiving our marketing materials via email, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email that was sent to you and follow the directions on the resulting web page.
- Google Analytics. You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by visiting here and downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Location Information. You may have the ability to turn location-based Hy-Vee Health Services on and off by adjusting the settings of your internet browser or mobile device or, for some devices, by revoking permission for a Hy-Vee Health App, if any, to access your location information.
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Hy-Vee Health Service.
We are based in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information in the United States and other countries. By using the Hy-Vee Health Services, you consent to the transfer to, and to the processing and storage of your information in, countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country in which you reside.
We will retain your personal information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes regarding user preferences, enforce our agreements, or protect our legitimate interests.
Mailing Address: Hy-Vee Health, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223
Toll-free Number: (800) 772-4098